A local manufacturing company is seeking skilled assembly technician. Position is temp-to-hire, 1st shift - will work four 10-hour days, occasional overtime as needed. Great pay!
Monday - Thursday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm. Possible overtime as needed on Fridays (either full or half day).
The assembly technician will be working with a variety of tools and materials to build frames, assemble various components and add hardware to refrigeration cases / units. Requires previous experience in carpentry, construction or related manufacturing field. Will be required to stand for long periods of time, operate saws, drills, sanders and other power tools as well as hand tools.
· Must have 2+ years recent carpentry / cabinetry or construction experience required
· Must be proficient with various tools including saws, drills and other hand / power tools
· Must be able to read a tape measure to 1/16 inch – will be tested in interview
· 50 pounds lifting on a frequent basis
· Pre-employment E-Verify, drug screen, and background check
· Own reliable transportation to the South side of Des Moines, IA
· Must have the ability to read blue prints
· Must have a pair of steel toe boots