for a 1ST Shift Packaging Setup Technician for a manufacturing company.
First shift: Monday - Friday from 6:30am-3:30pm . Possible weekends / OT may be required.
Primary responsibilities include setting up production machines to run various lines of production. Ensure the line is running at its target rate during a shift. Troubleshooting of packaging equipment. Report any equipment issues to management. Will need good computer skills. Knowledge in principles of mechanics and electronics. Pay will be $18.00 / $22.00 hour based on experience and interview.
· Responsible for proper storage and adequate supply of changing part
· Performs changeover and adjustments to packaging equipment as necessary to achieve scheduling, safety, and quality goals
· Responsible for sanitation of packaging equipment and documentation of such
· Responsible for maintenance of packaging machines and documentation of such
· Responsible for ensuring work practices in the Chemical Hygiene Plan are followed
· Responsible for performance of operations in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures an FDA Good Manufacturing Practices.
· High School Diploma / GED
· 3-6 months experience working with mechanical packaging equipment- fillers, labelers, encoders, cappers, tapers, and conveyor belts preferred
· Ability to read and write
· Ability to maintain a professional attitude
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Knowledge in principles of mechanics and electronics
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
· Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
· Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.