A local manufacturing company in Southeast Iowa is seeking an experienced Machinist for a Full-Time, Temp-To-Hire opening. Excellent pay and flexible hours. Incredible opportunity!
1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available – hours are somewhat flexible, will negotiate.
The Machinist will be responsible for operating metal lathes and perform basic programing on machines. Will be manufacturing precision parts for agricultural equipment / machines as well as other instruments, tools and equipment. Pay starts between $22.00-30.00 / hour depending on experience and interview.
· 1-2 years of recent and verifiable previous Machinist experience in a manufacturing environment required.
· Must have ability to set up machine / perform basic programing for precision metal cutting/ grinding machines – including lathes.
· Need to be able to use calipers, micrometers and board gages frequently.
· Must have good attention to detail and good multi-tasking skills
· Must have good math skills
· Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
· Must have good communication skills both verbal and written
· Ability to read / understand complicated designs and drawings.