Iowa Staffing is seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening for a Battery Technician and Class B CDL Driver to service industrial batteries and chargers. This will be a direct hire position. Prior experience is a plus but company is willing to train motivated individuals who are willing to learn and complete their certification program. Great Opportunity!
Sunday – Thursday 1st Shift 8:00 am – finish (hours may vary and some overtime will be required)
Will perform scheduled maintenance and repairs on various batteries and charges and will required the use of tools including gas torches, pressure washer, air compressor, generators, drills and other equipment. Will also need to operate customer’s lift trucks to switch out batteries from various industrial equipment. Position will also entail making pickups / deliveries of products and parts as needed as well as work in the workshop. Pay is $18.00 / hour
- Have reliable transportation and valid Class B CDL or ability to obtain CDL. Must have good driving record and meet company’s insurance requirements. Will need to drive to various customer locations in the Des Moines metro area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. An associate’s degree or previous technical training is preferred.
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical knowledge is a plus.
- Steel-toed boots – employee must provide
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, reaching, climbing, walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- 75 pounds lifting required on occasion as well as push a transfer cart carrying up to 2000 lbs.
- Previous forklift experience is also desirable.
- Must be detail-oriented, methodical and willing to learn.
- Pre-employment E-Verify, drug screen, and background check