Part-time, temp-to-hire position working for a food manufacturing company in the Des Moines Metro area. Looking for a reliable person to work on the sanitation crew to clean and maintain the facilities and equipment. Raise and benefits when move from Temp-to-Hire!
Saturday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and Sunday 7:00 am – 7:30 pm. Prefer commit to both days every week. However, a few slots to just work Sundays every week may be available.
The Sanitation Technician will be responsible for cleaning production equipment in a food manufacturing environment, schedule cleaning and maintenance for the plant and work alongside the sanitation leader to ensure safety standards are being met. Duties will include direct cleaning of equipment and work areas. Will disassembly machines, clean / sanitize them and put back together. Will be working with various chemicals.
· Must have good English skills both written and verbal. Will be required to follow written and verbal instructions by supervisors.
· Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs.
· Need the ability to stand / walk for extended periods. Will need to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed.
· Required to be able to speak / hear verbal instructions and see to visually inspect products and equipment.
· Will work in a refrigerated / freezer environment at times. Will need to be able to work in varying temperature conditions.
· Must have reliable transportation to Altoona, IA - not on a bus line.