Iowa Staffing is exclusively doing the pre-qualification and hiring process for Continuus Materials Recovery. If you are interested in the position please apply online.
6:00 pm to 6:30 am or 6:00 am to 6:30 pm. Days will vary/rotate (is predictable / set schedule) will have every-other-weekend and a day or two during the week off. Full-time hours, will have some overtime.
The responsibility of the press machine operator is to safely and consistently produce a high-quality product for our valued customers. The press operator will perform a variety of tasks including set up, operation, monitoring, troubleshooting, and performing preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The press operator will also be responsible for ensuring their personal and co-works safety by following safe work practices and performing inspections on the product to ensure it meets quality specifications.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
· Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
· Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure safe, quality production with minimal unplanned stops
· Record production and operational data to ensure accurate inventory and process control
· Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high-quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
· Propose and implement improvements to manufacturing processes and methods, including problem identification and potential solutions
· Positive attitude, teamwork-oriented, and a strong work ethic
· Experience as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment a plus
· Must be intelligent with critical thinking skills to enable troubleshooting of process
· Mechanically inclined
· Previous forklift experience a plus
· Capability to periodically handle product weights of approximately 60lbs
· Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent