Iowa staffing is a premier staffing firm specializing in light industrial, clerical, and administrative staffing. We specialize in contract-to-hire opportunities along with short and long-term positions. Iowa Staffing is committed to building lasting business partnerships and honoring our commitments by charging a fair price.
"Doing what we say. Doing it right. Doing it on time." We will maintain good communication with you throughout the process and keep you up-to-date on our progress fulfilling your job orders.
We interview and screen every applicant to ensure that we find candidates with the right skills and experience to fit your needs. We want to ensure that we send you employees that will be an asset to your business and will be able to become long-term employees. Our process includes:
· Application and Resume Review
· Interview with Recruiter and Account Manager
· Employment and reference verification
· Skills Testing
· Facilitate interviews with you, our client
· Arrange facility tours / visits
· Drug testing through a Federally-Regulated and Certified Lab. Medical Review Officer services are also available
· Employment Authorization Verification through E-Verify (a system through the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security.
· Criminal Background check provided by a national vendor.
We test our applicants to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to perform the tasks needed for each position based on each client's criteria. We can customize our testing to create a tailored program to fit your particular needs by duplicating work processes and instructions to ensure that each employee can safely and accurately perform all duties and follow instructions. Some examples:
· Ability to read a tape measure
· Basic math skills
· Comparison testing (ex. matching barcodes)
· Reading comprehension
· Alpha/Numeric data-entry skills
· 10-key skills
· Typing Tests
· Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MS Office Products
At Iowa Staffing, safety for our employees is our number one priority. Our company motto is: "Safety Is Everyone's Business". Iowa Staffing provides detailed safety training before any employee is placed on assignment. This includes a safety video and a safety quiz. All employees must have at least a score of 80% before they will be allowed to work. We utilize:
· Classroom Instruction
· Written Testing
· Video Training
· OSHA Training Program for Forklift Operators
· Written Handouts / Instructions
We want to make sure that our employees have all the information they need at their fingertips to ensure they will be successful when they start work. All new temporary employees go through an in-depth face-to-face orientation to ensure appropriate and accurate relay of information is conveyed accordingly. Orientation and training is tailored specifically to the needs of each work-site and job function. Job specific training can be done, prior to and/or upon job placement. This includes the following topics: