Looking for machinist candidates for a manufacturing company in South / Central Iowa. These are temp-to-hire positions with room to advance! Will take some entry-level candidates but previous experience is preferred.
1st shift Monday through Friday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm plus possible weekends and additional overtime as assigned.
Machinists will be working with a variety of metal products including alloys, carbons, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel as well as plastics. Will be operating mills, lathes, drill presses, CNC machines, laser cutters as well as other machinery. Will be responsible for general manufacturing and production duties as well as warehouse duties as assigned. Pay rate will be based on interview and previous experience / skill level.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, walk, bend, crouch, kneel and crawl as needed
- Must be able to lift 60-70 lbs on a frequent basis. Will use a mechanical lift if moving something weighing over 70 lbs.
- Must have own transportation and valid driver's license. Company is not located near a bus line.
- 2 years minimum experience doing Job Shop Machining for all skilled positions.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must pass written tape measure test to 1/16 inch and be able to pass "hands-on" practical test during interview.