Full-time, temp-to-hire position working for a company in the Des Moines Metro area. Looking for reliable people to work on the custodial crew to clean and maintain the facilities.
1st shift: Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
2nd shift: Monday - Friday 3 pm - 11:30 pm
1. Ensure our school facilities are clean and well maintained.
2. Promote positive relationships with staff, students, supervisors, and community members.
3. Communicate to Head Custodian or Maintenance/Custodial Manager any changes or concerns regarding job assignments.
4. Perform cleaning functions such as trash removal, sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and restocking supplies.
5. Adhere to established West Des Moines Community School District policies, procedures, and guidelines.
6. Maintain custodial storage area inventory and organize.
7. Custodial storage areas must be secured and locked throughout the shift.
8. Monitor facility security by keeping doors and windows shut and locked when appropriate.
9. Return all custodial tools and supplies to a secure storage area at the end of each shift.
10. Assist in assigned project work, including refinishing floors and cleaning carpets.
11. Respond to requests, which may include setting up/tearing down rooms for meetings or class functions, athletic events moving furniture/equipment, and storing deliveries.
12. Perform minor maintenance tasks.
13. Complete snow removal and lawn care duties as required.
14. Promptly report all safety hazards to Head Custodian or Maintenance/Custodial Manager.
15. Participate actively in all professional development and safety training.
16. Maintain a reliable attendance record.
17. Complete all training as required.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
A. Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
1. Ability to properly use chemicals, equipment, and work processes to clean and maintain school facilities and grounds.
2. Knowledge of emergency procedures.
3. Ability to read and comprehend labels, signs, and written instructions.
4. Skill in communicating clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Skill in following proper cleaning procedures and equipment operations.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
B. Education Any combination of education or experience equivalent to graduation from high school. C. Experience Six months of custodial or maintenance experience preferred.
1. Custodial equipment includes a swing machine, burnisher, carpet extractor, backpack/upright vacuum, automatic scrubber, and custodial cart.
2. Grounds care equipment including but not limited to lawn mower, snow blower, and weed trimmer.
3. Proper use and operation of two-way radio, telephone, and cell phone.